If you are following this blog since a while, you might think: Has she not been showing us that before? Is she reusing posts already in the second week of her challenge? No, I am not. But well done for recognising the fabrics as I have used exactly those for my skirt a while ago 🙂
If, however, you have no clue what I am talking about, go back and read this blog properly, there might be a written exam next week!
So, I have used a lovely pattydoo pattern to make this little bag, entirely made of material I already had at home, even the zip was somewhere in my zip collection.
It really is made out of many little pieces and I will certainly make a few more of those, I think they make a lovely gift.
But I do have a little problem with it. (I can see some of you (you know who you are!) rolling their eyes about me being overly fussy about little details.)
Actually the box pleats aren’t shown off properly because it has a lining with interfacing which makes the inside rather stiff and strong. So even if you fill the bag with something, it will not pop out the pleats, which is a bit of a shame because you can not really see the fabric hiding behind the pleats unless you pull them apart (which I did for the first two pictures).
I could cheat and leave a little gap between the pleats so the background fabric always shows.
Or I leave out the strengthening interface and make the lining a bit bigger than the actual bag. So when it gets filled, there will be room to push out the pleats naturally. I think this is my first choice. It is only a small bag and not meant to hold heavy things anyway. So I will see how this goes and keep you updated.