Tag Archives: gloria by milchmonster

Special occasion dresses – part 2

As promised, my outfits for baptism and wedding. As you might remember, I need breastfeeding friendly dresses.

I would have this shirt dress by SewOverIt. I made it for my son’s baptism last year if your remember

IMG_4950

or even the trial version here

IMG_4912

Good news is that I have lost weight, apparently. Bad news they are rather complicated to alter, so if I do it, then only once, so I might as well wait for next summer.

A couple of weeks ago, I showed you this Gloria by Milchmonster.

IMG_5759

It was a very positive surprise, so I decided last minute to make another one with a nicer fabric and more attention to sewing (I used framilon where it was indicated, so the neck line for example springs back into shape after pulling it down). I have the fabric since last summer, it is a jersey cousin of the one in the first picture (both Hamburger Liebe)

IMG_5974

pattern: Gloria by Milchmonster, fabric: Hamburger Liebe, “Eden” collection

IMG_5975

It worked really well for the baptism. And the wedding outfit you might wonder? I guess, since I am not one of the main characters there, I can as well show you now:

IMG_5987

It’s a Gloria by Milchmonster. I bought the fabric last year, when I got the one you saw in the first picture. They come from the same collection “Eden” by Hamburger Liebe. I guess you could call them relatives. Cousins maybe.

IMG_5978

IMG_5977

So now only the most important outfit is left to get shown. But it is not finished yet. Tomorrow is button shopping day. I guess it will get rather sparkly.

 

 

 

Me Made May round up: a tremendous success

Me Made May is over and I haven’t once managed to blog about it. Clearly I was too busy Me Made Maying. Or whatever.

So lets see if we can tick a few boxes:

I pledged to wear one me made piece every day and I can assure you that I have succeeded tremendously. Well, apart from the very last day and that wasn’t my fault. Really. Apart from that. Tremendously. But this part of my pledge had been easy anyway.

So let’s have a look at the slightly more difficult part: Decluttering my wardrobe and identifying my needs. Also tremendous success. I looked into my wardrobe once every day thinking that I will have to throw away this or that (things with holes for example) before putting it back again. So, the main part of the work is basically done, all I need to do now, is to take the things I don’t need any longer and put them into different piles, one with things that are still good for someone else (like thinner and younger people) and one with things that are still good for a new life as cleaning devices.

Another important point of the whole Me Made May experience this year was to identify my problems and needs. Well, surprise surprise, my parrot wardrobe needs a few items that are…. what was the word for it again? Monochrome? No? Neutral? No. Boring! Yes, that was it! It is almost impossible for me to combine two me made items because the all have different patterns and colours. Which came to me as a total surprise, I have to say. Sure, I always hated “twin sets” (a German! expression for these matching T-Shirt – cardigan combos sold by catalogue businesses) and I really don’t understand that lady in my local haberdashery shop who keeps telling me that she always sews in sets: Trousers, top, cardigan, coat, belt, handbag all in 1 (one!) colour. But should I have taken from these experiences that I do have a problem? I don’t think so.

Anyway, time to tackle the problem and make a few items that could go with my many colourful skirts, dresses and tops. Lets have a look into my fabric stash, surely I will find something to get me started.  Or not. But there are a few other nice fabrics just waiting to get turned into dresses. Lovely floral organic cotton jerseys by lillestoff for example.  That could be a useful time filler before magically some of my clothes turn into simple black and white trousers and tops, no? And anyway, I am wearing dresses every day.

So I started with a lovely mustard-purple-orange jersey by enemenemeins and lillestoff which is not only totally unsuitable for my skin type but also as close as one can get to black-white-grey as possible (at least out of my stash).

IMG_5750

The pattern is Gloria by Milchmonster (what a fantastic name) and it is actually suitable for breastfeeding even though I don’t normally like this style of top exposure. I am more of a pull up girl. But it is good to know that in theory I can actually breastfeed if necessary.  And to be honest I have already been wearing this dress at home. A lot. It is very comfy. Probably also because I chose not to do the darts at the back to accommodate my wobbly tummy (according to my lovely children and my mirror).

Those of you who keep focussing on the negative sides of this blog or even life in general might think that this little project is against my Me Made May pledges. Well, at least it doesn’t add to the number of uncombinable (I don’t care if this is in the dictionary or not. It definitely is in my wardrobe) items as I do not actually have to combine it with anything anyway as it is a dress.

And if you absolutely must know, I also have started my announced trousers project. I have already purchased an online class at Tilly and the buttons and printed about 60 pages of pattern. Since this seemed a lot to stick together I have started with a trial project: Two pairs of Sachensuchershorts by fabelwald for my children.

IMG_5863

I love them and they look even better when worn but the children run too fast in these for me to catch them on camera. And for those of you who are still complaining that I got once again side-tracked: You are really starting to annoy me and I am refusing to show you the promised Zsazsa coat. Even though it is finished since aaages. And looks amazing. Not until you apologise and promise to stop being such smarty pants!